The Brain Injury Association of Georgia is a non-profit membership organization of people with brain injuries and their families, friends, and service providers working together since 1982 to provide education, advocacy and support for those affected by brain injury. We are the only statewide organization in Georgia dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for people with brain injuries and their families and preventing brain injuries. BIAG is a chartered state affiliate of the Brain Injury Association.
We carry out our mission by providing:
- A statewide network of support groups
- The most comprehensive clearinghouse of brain injury information and resources in Georgia
- A toll-free HelpLine connecting families and professionals to appropriate resources
- An online and printed directory of service providers and programs in Georgia
- Peer support
- Educational conferences, workshops and trainings
- Public awareness and education
- Overnight camps for adults and children with brain injury and family caregivers
- “Camperships” and conference scholarships for consumers with financial hardship
- An annual scholarship for post-secondary education
- Advocacy for needed legislation and public policy changes
- Prevention programs.
Directions to BIAG Office
Brain Injury Association of Georgia
1447 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 810
Atlanta, Georgia 30309
The BIAG office is located at 1447 Peachtree Street, in Midtown Atlanta, approximately three blocks north of the High Museum of Art and on the opposite side of the street. It is a ten-story white and beige brick building with “1447” prominently displayed. Our building is currently undergoing renovation and portions of the front are being worked on. Parking is under the building, and the parking entrance is on the right side of the building. Take the elevator to the eighth floor, then turn left to suite 810 at the end of the hallway.
The MARTA Arts Center station is at Fifteenth Street and West Peachtree, about three blocks away. We are next door to EarthLink. MARTA buses run frequently in front of the building.
From the I-75/85 connector, take the Fourteenth Street exit, proceed east to Peachtree Street, turn left and drive about four blocks to 1447 Peachtree on your right. From I-85 southbound, use the Peachtree Street exit, just after the Lenox Road exit, continue on route 13 to Peachtree Street South, turn right and proceed one block to 1447 Peachtree on your left. From GA 400 southbound, take the Sidney Marcus Blvd. exit, turn left and take the next right onto the Buford Hwy. extension route 13. Follow it to Peachtree Street South exit, turn right and proceed one block to 1447 Peachtree Street on your left.
For directions for parking raised-roof vans in the building lot, please call the office for an appointment.